The Road to Brand YOU for Social Media Marketing Success
Stop #8: Your Tagline
On our last Stop #7 on the Road to Brand YOU for Social Media Marketing Success ~ Your Branded Business Cards we talked about how to fuel your brand image with a customized business card. This stop we will take a look at how to make your Brand POP with Personality by adding your Tagline to solidify your Brand Message to help you be Socially Savvy!
TAG…Your It! Just Sayin'!
We all have memories of playing "tag" as children. Of course the objective was not to get tagged so you would be "It." Well, in branding yourself online you WANT to be "tagged" for all the right reasons. Your TAGline helps to TAG you in your niche and communicate your unique promise of value, your mission and helps your audience connect with you on an even deeper level. In one word, one short phrase or statement, what message are you trying to communicate to your audience? What's your TAGline or saying? Taglines are an important element to your brand communication. Just look at some of the taglines you may recognize without even mentioning the brand!
1. "Just Do It " ~ Nike
2. "Can you hear me now?" ~ Verizon
3. "The Quicker Picker-Upper" ~ Bounty
4. "Choosy Mothers Choose Jiff" ~ Jiff
5. "Think Different" ~ Apple
6. "I'm Lovin It!" ~ McDonald's
7. "If it fits it ships" ~ US Postal Service
8. "The Best Part of Waking Up is Folgers in Your Cup" ~ Folgers
Tagline creation and brand messaging is just as important as the brand itself because it is vital to brand recognition.
Spend some time developing your brand message. What are people perceiving when they interact with you? If you have a bio or brand communication plan, your tagline may come directly from there. My saying is “Let’s Get Social!” and I use variations of that short phrase "Get Social", "Be Social", "_____ Social" to emphasize my unique promise of value in Brand Building & Image Development using Social Media." I also weave “Socially Savvy” in a lot of my marketing material. My brand message is “The #1 Resource for Using Social Media to Build Your Brand and Be Socially Savvy!" Sometimes taglines come to you and sometimes your niche will just tell you what it is in your interactions with them. Pay attention to what they are consistently telling you what you are known for in their hearts and minds. What are people "Just Sayin'!" about you?
Here are the 5 Elements of a Tagline
1. Clear – Communicates in a short phrase exactly what you do.
2. Concise - Short and to the Point!
3. Consistent – Repeated over and over again in your Brand Messaging
4. Compelling – Evokes emotion that makes you magnetic and reinforces positive opinions about you.
5. Catchy – Something that makes you Memorable, Strong & Unique!
Advantages of a Tagline/Brand Message to Give Your Message Wings!
1. Reinforces positive opinions about you
2. Builds audience connection
3. Makes your Brand POP!
4. Makes you Unforgettable!
5. Gives your Brand Personality and Character
6. Helps you Differentiate Yourself
7. Communicates your Unique Promise of Value
Once you have your Brand Message and Tagline "WORK IT" into everything you do. "Make your Brand WORK!"
Creating your tagline and brand message is an excellent way to build your brand and create emotion and reinforce opinions to your audience. I encourage you to invest time to identify your brand messaging and consistently share it everywhere to help you on the Road to Brand YOU for Social Media Marketing Success!
Join me next time on the Road to Brand YOU for Social Media Marketing Success!
Your Email Signature
Supporting You One "Savvy Step" at a Time!
Share with me below some ideas about how your tagline helps create your unique promise of value for your brand and helps you stand out.
Looking forward to hearing from you!