Personal Branding is all about your unique promise of value and what you bring to the table. By honing your skills, narrowing your focus, and getting clear on what you're passionate about you can create an unforgettable brand.
Branding is not just about standing out among the competition. It's about getting your potential clients to choose you as the ONLY solution to their problem.
Here are five ways to create a strong personal brand:
1. Identify what makes you unique. Differentiate yourself. One of the greatest benefits to you of having a strong brand is that it creates a sense of individuality that helps you stand out in the marketplace so that your clients are able to easily differentiate your company from your competitors.
2. Create your brand communication plan by incorporating yourself into your brand. Make sure this message is communicated across social media platforms. The goal of personal branding is to be known for who you are as a person and what you stand for. Your brand is a reflection of who you are, your goals, opinions, values, and beliefs that are visibly expressed by what you say and do, and how you do it. Take some time and right these down and refer to them often.
3. Take control of your brand identity. The branding process allows you to take control of your influence and the perception others have about you and the services you offer. You can monitor this by taking 360 assessments that measure how you are known in the marketplace.
4. Position yourself in the mind of the marketplace as the service provider of choice. Connect with your target market on LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook. Make sure you have a powerful online presence. This will allow you to dominate your market, attract more clients and command higher fees. A strong personal brand will enable you to effortlessly attract clients and opportunities. This is your brand sweet spot that allows you to work less and make more!
5. Establish yourself as an authority and thought-leader in your area of specialty. Comment and answer questions throughout your online communities. Be of service to your online community. Gain name recognition in your area of expertise where it counts the most – in your customer's mind. Make a lasting impression and be super-rewarded for your individuality.
When people think of you they will remember your unique promise of value. Trust, respect, and admiration will follow when your brand and message are embedded repeatedly into the consciousness of your target market. You will be perceived as an authority the more you are visible to your target audience. Your brand will propel you to the top in your marketplace. Get connected to be Socially Savvy!
What makes your brand stand out? Share with me below.